Re: "No pop up windows"-idea for Gnome 3

2006/10/13, Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>:
On Thu, 2006-10-12 at 12:09 +0200, Martin Jeppesen wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am wondering, where I should submit ideas for Gnome 3? Is this the place?
>
> My first idea is (hopefully) self explaining when looking at the
> difference of the 2 attached
> screenshots, if not I'll write one =)

hmm, not sure how it would look and work for more "crowded" applets,
like the keyboard one. Could you make a mockup of that?

I would be more worried about the interaction.

Menus usually are open until you select something. If still true, you
would need to traverse the very long path from clicking the menubar to
the embedded window for every setting you are planning to change. If
not true, you'll have a window that is exactly like the dialog except
it has a big extension and you can't move it.

I'd also like to see this in action on a 800x600 screen, that'd be
interesting ;)

--
Kalle Vahlman, zuh iki fi