Re: Proposing GtkUnique 1.0 as a blessed external dependency

On Tue, 2006-11-14 at 23:09 -0300, Mariano Suárez-Alvarez wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-11-15 at 02:54 +0100, Mark Rosenstand wrote:

> > > Ditto me, yelp.
> >
> > Only one help browser at the time?
> >
> > Even if it implemented tabs, it's likely that the apps run on different
> > workspaces, and it's nice to have the help browser right next to the app
> > for which you seek help.
>
> GtkUnique would only be used so that there is only one yelp executable
> running, so that you do not have several geckos running and so on.
> That's orthogonal to the location and number of the yelp windows.

I'm not sure if yelp is a good candidate for GtkUnique.

It's quite annoying when you work in a dual-head station and only able
to run the application in only one display.

That is the case of Firefox nowadays.  It complains there is another
instance running.  So, you can't follow links in the another one.

It makes sense for sound-juicer, but not for every single application.

--
Germán Poó-Caamaño
http://www.ubiobio.cl/~gpoo/