Re: proposed architecture evolutions for GConf

Josselin Mouette wrote:
To achieve this, the first thing to do - and it should have been done
for a long time - is to move the file notification API from gnome-vfs to
glib.

I enjoin you to look at the GVFS effort on the gnomevfs-list archives.
The idea is basically to write a replacement for gnome-vfs at the glib level (ie as a sister-library, like libgobject is to glib)

Apart from that I really don't know the architecture of gconf, so I'm afraid I can't give any advice.