Re: PDFs for user-guide, accessibility-guide and system-admin-guide

--- Davyd Madeley <davyd madeley id au> wrote:

> > > I've been working on generating some new PDFs
> for the documentation in
> > > the gnome-user-docs package.
> >
> > > http://www.gnome.org/~bmsmith/user-guide.pdf
> > >
> http://www.gnome.org/~bmsmith/system-admin-guide.pdf
> > >
> http://www.gnome.org/~bmsmith/gnome-access-guide.pdf
> > >
> > > At this point, I would just like some feedback
> on these.
>
> I noticed some minor orphanation issues where the
> end of a page
> contained a title and two lines, rather than just
> moving those to
> the next page.
>
> There also appears to be a section on "Applets". The
> first rule of
> GNOME Applets is NEVER talk about GNOME Applets.
> Seriously, we don't
> ever call them applets in the UI, and everywhere we
> do call them
> applets is considered a bug.

What should they be called?

"Applet" is in the Style Guide:
http://developer.gnome.org/documents/style-guide/gnome-glossary-desktop.html

If there's a better term, file a bug against it.

Yahoo! Messenger - NEW crystal clear PC to PC calling
worldwide with voicemail http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com