Re: PDFs for user-guide, accessibility-guide and system-admin-guide

On Wed, Mar 08, 2006 at 04:06:37PM +0000, Calum Benson wrote:

> On 8 Mar 2006, at 09:32, Emmanuel Pacaud wrote:
> >
> >I don't think PDF is well suited for on screen reading. Font rendering
> >and glyph spacing make document harder to read than when it's in html.
> >
> >Other points against PDF is that HTML rendering is faster, and page
> >layout of PDF files leaves a lot of unused space (page borders, space
> >between pages) with no gain regarding readability.
>
> Also, PDF accessibility is pretty much zero in GNOME, which would be
> kind of ironic for the accessibility guide if nothing else...

With Evince being able to search text. Is adding accessbility
information to poppler possible? It would seem to be that having
that information available would be incredibly useful to both GNOME
and KDE.

--d

--
Davyd Madeley

http://www.davyd.id.au/
08B0 341A 0B9B 08BB 2118  C060 2EDD BB4F 5191 6CDA