Re: critical warnings; turn them off now?

On Tue, 2006-03-07 at 15:39 +0000, Bill Haneman wrote:

> Since we're now in code freeze for 2.14, shouldn't we turn off the
> critical warnings behavior in gnome-session now?

They'll turn themselves on automatically when the version number
reaches .14; they are on in .13 (they are based on even/odd).

> There are lots of places where this causes unnecessary crashes,
> particularly in gail and at-spi.  While we want to fix them eventually,
> it's made accessibility pretty much DOA in 2.13 so far.

A critical warning is not some annoying spew in your console which you
can ignore; it is an indication that something has gone HORRIBLY wrong
and you should fix it immediately.  It is not a faint light that says
"check engine", it is a big siren screaming, "HOLY SHIT, SOMEONE PUT
SUGAR IN YOUR GAS TANK".

  Federico