Re: removing non-working things

On 7/30/06, Alan Horkan <horkana maths tcd ie> wrote:

> If there is a need to fill the void, we could add a "Show icons in
> buttons" checkbox instead, since this is a feature that works reliably
> everywhere...

Does it?  Maybe it is no longer a problem anymore but a long time ago when
developers were experimenting with "show icons on buttons" things didn't
work out well for buttons with only an icon and no text label.

Applications which had used a row of buttons without text instead of a
proper toolbar ended up with blank useless buttons.

GTK+ is smarter about this now; image-only buttons will not loose
their images.