Re: Patches for scrollkeeper...is scrollkeeper maintained?

Don Scorgie wrote:
Hi,

On Wed, 2006-07-26 at 14:17 -0600, Elijah Newren wrote:

Hi,

Does scrollkeeper have any maintainers?  I just found out about a

Funny that you bring this up, I was thinking about this yesterday.

bunch of patches needed for yelp to not choke on scrollkeeper files,
listed at http://live.gnome.org/Yelp (all of the patches are part of
bug 348013).  It appears that the gnome-2.16 jhbuild moduleset has
been patched to manually include these, but it'd be better to just get
them upstream...if there is still an upstream (last scrollkeeper
release was 2003).  Anyone know more about this?

AFAICT, 'E's passed on! This parrot is no more! He has ceased to be!
'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life,
'e rests in peace!

It is really annoying.  There have been at least a few bugs filed
against yelp about scrollkeeper problems.  The last non-spam message to
their mailing list was a couple of years ago, and that appears to have
been shaunm, basically asking what was happening (the answer was "I
don't know of any plans").  The patches linked are all from the Ubuntu
scrollkeeper package.  Hopefully at some point soon, we can remove
scrollkeeper entirely and replace it.  There are secret plans afoot.

Don

In the meantime, why don't we just import 0.3.14 (the last released
version) into GNOME CVS and apply critical patches there, and point
jhbuild to that?  Any objections?

We may be able to get commit access from the current
project admins at sourceforge, but I'm not aware of their policy on
overtaking unmaintained projects without the original authors
permission.  Anyone want to volunteer?

License appears to be GLPL so I don't think there are any problems with
this right?

--
Brent Smith <gnome nextreality net>
IRC: smitten / #docs / irc.gnome.org