[Fwd: Re: Bug buddy maintainer? (Was Re: bug-buddy support)]

Here is the information everyone needs. Apparently mistakenly sent only
to me.

--- Begin Message ---
Hi,

On 7/21/06, Jason D. Clinton <me jasonclinton com> wrote:
I do appreciate your help but I was hoping for something a little more
definitive.

What is it?

Metainformation about the application used to report bugs on out BTS

Which parts are mandatory? Optional?

X-GNOME-Bugzilla-Bugzilla=GNOME <-- Mandatory
X-GNOME-Bugzilla-Product=XXX <--Mandatory
X-GNOME-Bugzilla-Component=YYY <-- Mandatory
X-GNOME-Bugzilla-OtherBinaries=ZZZ <-- Optional, only if you
application has several binaries
X-GNOME-Bugzilla-Version=X.Y.Z <-- Optional, and should need expansion
from configure script, so if you want this you need a
application.desktop.in.in to expand here @VERSION@
(application.desktop.in is used by intltool for translations).

How long has it been there?

circa 2002

Is it going to change again?

No and yes. If you refer at the field names, they haven't changed
since 2002 (X-GNOME-Bugzilla-Version was added on 2003). If you mean
the values, bugzilla product/component could be changed if the
maintainer ask the bugmaster to do it and should update the info in
the desktop file after the change. As I mentioned on a previous email,
afer this product/component renaming would break any old instalation
of the application for submiting bugs, but we are working on a server
side fallback to solve it.
Does it need to be translated?

Hope this helps.

Salu2