Re: consistency (or lack thereof)

2006/7/21, Matthias Clasen <mclasen redhat com>:
Most of the control-center capplets are immediate-apply
(except for ones which have very good reason not to be),
and all of then have a "Close" button. All ? No, not all.
The background capplet considers it better to have
a "Finish" button instead...

I have asked to fix this, but I have been told that
user testing showed that "Close" is wrong there...

Unless the user testing told that Finish is right there, I'd go for
consistency until a know right text is found.

Or just dump the button and rely on the window manager (yeah, IIRC
user testing proved that one wrong too...).

--
Kalle Vahlman, zuh iki fi