Re: What about Embedded?
- From: Miguel de Icaza <miguel ximian com>
- To: Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com>
- Cc: desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: What about Embedded?
- Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 10:51:09 -0400
> > Mono has been successfully used in embedded systems of different sorts.
> Examples? Or are we just talking about some guy who got it working once?
Confidential, paying commercial customers.
All we can say is that the PowerPC port was paid by them.
> Maemo are not using Python yet as far as I can tell. They would like to
> support it as a development environment, and maybe then use it for their
> own core stuff. But it needs some performance/memory/code-size work.
Yeah, but users are. And they have been for a long time in the
pre-Maemo GPE days.
] [Thread Prev