Re: Migration Paths for New Modules

On Wed, 2006-07-19 at 10:43 -0700, Alex Graveley wrote:

> I would love to write documentation for Tomboy, and fully intend to.
> But as my users have not requested it, and Tomboy's acceptance into
> GNOME is still totally up in the air for other reasons, I hope you
> can
> understand why I've held off on it in favor of other endeavors.

Just to make things clear, we do not require that new modules
have existing documentation.  Existing documentation certainly
eases the burden on the documentation team, particularly for
large applications (for instance, when Evolution was proposed).
But the documentation team can and will write new documentation
for accepted modules.

We only ask that the maintainers be cooperative.  This means
answering questions about obscure behavior and helping us
address problems users might encounter, including migration
problems.

--
Shaun