Re: focus! (was Re: Focusing on innovation re: mono, python et al)

On Tue, 2006-07-18 at 11:14 -0700, Rich Burridge wrote:

> One of the things I like about the Mac OS X desktop (and Windows Xp desktop
> for that matter), is that all applications provided by the vendor have a
> consistent
> look&feel. If I'm familiar with one application on that platform, then I
> can apply
> that knowledge as I'm learning a new one. This isn't true of all
> applications
> on the various GNOME desktops.

Big tangent:  the "GNOME Certification" plan will help in defining what
is a "good GNOME application" and what isn't.  That certification will
include things like consistent look&feel [insert a lot of handwaving
about how to quantify this...]

  Federico