Re: Time to heat up the new module discussion

On Mon, 2006-07-17 at 13:48 +0000, Hubert Figuiere wrote:
> For those who don't believe me, have a look at your friends of KDE. They produce
> a huge amount of application written in C++ with Qt and sometime it looks like
> Gnome is really lagging behind. Too bad for us, we have a very good C++
> framework called Gtkmm (Thanks Murray and al. for this), even if it is not even

Just an observation: I have spent a great deal of time in the last 4
years hanging out on both GNOME and KDE's IRC channels and reading both
Planets (once they existed). C++ is no silver bullet. In fact, KDE
developers frequently complain about issues in C++ implementations (g++
stability) and design problems (templates come to mind).

I think C and C++ both fall in to the same "GCC-supported" languages
bucket (as a matter of classification for the purposes of this
argument).