Re: On breaking the woohoo barrier...thoughts on how GNOME can get great

2006/7/14, Iain * <iaingnome gmail com>:
Does GNOME have a "product" to market? How many people really get
GNOME from GNOME as opposed to the distros?

GNOME does not have binary releases, so you can pretty much guess what
the number is among regular users :)

Is it more the distros
place to take the software we write and put it together as a cool
package that gets marketed as "Do cool stuff" as opposed to GNOME
which we market as "Has support for 52 different languages..."

I think GNOME should be marketed to "do cool stuff AND have support
for 52 different languages", but maybe in a separate sections for
users and those that are interested in the platform.

--
Kalle Vahlman, zuh iki fi