Some feedback

I did not knew exactly to who should I write, nor did I found any explicit email on the gnome site, so here goes. Did you noticed how are modern desktops evolving? They try to be as dialog-less as possible. Gnome is great in evey way but it has too many dialogs opening at every step. Copying dialog, Package Update progress dialog and so on. My suggestion would be to make a small applet responsable of showing every background task's progress and cut down every progress dialog. This way the whole desktop will be cleaner and less windows will pop when you least expect. If it's a background job, why displaying it's progress in a window? Let it work in the background and not bother the user. Eventually make it sing on to an all around progress display applet responsable with keeping the user informed about every background job. All those dialogs make the desktop feel old. You really should consider eliminating some of the dialogs.

Thank you,
Radu.