Re: control-center 2.13.90 released

On Tue, 2006-01-31 at 14:38 +0000, Thomas Wood wrote:
> This isn't really the issue. The problem is that the apply procedure
> takes more than a second to complete, thus violating the previously
> mentioned section of the HIG about instant apply.

I saw a figure quoted that the average time to apply was 1.4 seconds.
How did that get evaluated? The machine I'm on at the moment isn't old,
but it definitely isn't that new either, and it takes under half a
second to change the background.

One thing I noticed is that the time is greatly affected by whether
Nautilus is drawing the desktop or not. I normally don't, but when
turned on the time was up to around a second. Drawing the icons and text
might take extra time, but is there something Nautilus is doing that
causes it to go that much slower?

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
"Never offend people with style when you can offend them with
substance." --Sam Brown