Re: strange linker error

On Tue, 2006-01-17 at 12:48 +0100, Stanislav Brabec wrote:

> > I'm completely at a loss as to how to fix this. It seems PHP and Qmail have
> > previously had problems like this, but I couldn't work out what they did to fix
> > it.
>
> I don't know F77, but if it was C, I will try to "#include <errno.h>"
> and maybe search and delete custom definition of errno, which does not
> work.

Thanks, this was exactly on the right track. It seems some 'extern int
errno's had found their way into our Fortran<->C bindings (along with
several other externs for some unknown reason. Removing them and
replacing them with correct header usage has allowed the library to
compile.

It is interesting that this only fails in certain circumstances, it
doesn't break a .o or linking against a .a but it does break a .so. I
will have to experiment on other platforms.

--d

--
Davyd Madeley

http://www.davyd.id.au/
08B0 341A 0B9B 08BB 2118  C060 2EDD BB4F 5191 6CDA