Re: Trying to reach consensus for the proposed modules

On Thu, January 12, 2006 16:33, Mark Rosenstand wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-01-12 at 01:35 +0000, Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro wrote:
>>   Let's see.  If I'm not mistaken, the modules wrapping gnome desktop
>> libraries are:
>>   - gnomeapplet
>>   - gnomeprint, gnomeprint.ui
>>   - gtksourceview
>>   - wnck
>>   - totem.plparser
>>   - gtop
>>   - nautilusburn
>>   - mediaprofiles
>
> Isn't this what gnome-python is for?

You can use gnome-python with a guarantee that the API will not change.
These wrappers wraps libraries that are not API-stable, so it's kind
of hard to make such a guarantee for the python bindings :-)

> Another option I recall having read in the deskbar thread was to include
> the python bindings with the respective modules.

It was mentionned, indeed. It's probably simpler for the maintainer
of the python bindings to have all this in one place, though. Just
a guess.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.