Re: Trying to reach consensus for the proposed modules

Hi,

On Wed, 2006-01-11 at 23:00 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:

>  + gnome-power-manager: I don't remember much discussion. What do you
> think? Is it well-tested?

Ubuntu has been shipping this for a while, first in Breezy then in
Dapper; it works great for me (it enabled me to suspend my laptop by
closing the lid) and makes the power management a non-issue.

>  + gnome-screensaver: people want this. I'd say we should go with it and
> I believe it's the general consensus, but maybe some people think it's
> not ready yet?

As above, gnome-screensaver works great.  It makes my laptop use too
much power, so the fan goes like a 747 jet, but it's been a drop in
replacement for xscreensaver for a while.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
Emmanuele Bassi - <ebassi gmail com>