Re: Trying to reach consensus for the proposed modules

On Wed, 2006-01-11 at 23:00 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
<snip>
>  + gnome-power-manager: I don't remember much discussion. What do you
> think? Is it well-tested?
>
>  + gnome-screensaver: people want this. I'd say we should go with it and
> I believe it's the general consensus, but maybe some people think it's
> not ready yet?

CVS gnome-power-manager depends on CVS gnome-screensaver for the idle
time calculations, and gnome-screensaver [optionally] depends on
gnome-power-manager for the DPMS screen-blanking.

gnome-power-manager CVS is receiving lots of testing and fixes at the
moment, and the code is in the process of being tidied up and made more
gnome-y.

There's lots of HIG fixes, translations, and new stuff (like a yelp help
file) in CVS at the moment. I'll do a release soon (when HAL 0.5.6 is
released) and people can start testing the new stuff.

Richard.