Re: Claiming gnome-terminal maintainership

Hi,

Le mercredi 04 janvier 2006 �7:25 +0000, Bastien Nocera a �it :
> On Wed, 2006-01-04 at 15:20 -0200, Guilherme de S. Pastore wrote:
> >
> > Because of that, and also after seeing people chasing a new maintainer
> > for it, I got interested and, on Kjartan's advice, tried to contact
> > Mariano. That happened at the beginning of December and I have had no
> > reply until now. Some people think I have already waited long enough,
> > so
> > here I am.
> >
> > Do you think I can take gnome-terminal?
>
> This has happened (to me) a couple of times in the past (libgtop, gnome-
> games in early 2.x series, etc.). If you can show that you've made
> significant contributions to the module in question, while under
> supervision of the long-time GNOME contributors, then I don't see any
> problems with it.
>
> Probably the people on the release-team are better qualified to
> formulate the final opinion on this though.

I don't know if people on the release-team are better qualified ;-) But
here's my opinion anyway. Let's do it.

I don't know if Guilherme has significantly contributed to
gnome-terminal before. If he has, then go go go. If he hasn't, then
someone can work with him for a weeks (where work is more or less
verifying he's not removing all the code ;-)).

Go, gnome-terminal, go!

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas press�