Re: New panel logout/shutdown alert - a mini ui review

On Fri, 2006-02-10 at 12:54, Calum Benson wrote:
> On 10 Feb 2006, at 12:31, Bill Haneman wrote:
>
> > Anyhow, the less stuff we make "special" to accessibility, the better.
> > If something really requires a timeout, then the timeout should be
> > configurable.  In many cases, the better solution is not to use a
> > timeout at all.
>
> Just to play devil's advocate, does something as long as 2 minutes (I
> forget if that's how long it is in GNOME, but it is in OS X) really
> count as a "timeout" in the conventional sense?
> Cheeri,
> Calum.

Hi Calum:

I accept your logic from a commonsense approach; my hunch is that any
timeout longer than 1 minute is probably not a major accessibility
problem (though I may be missing some important user scenario here).
HOWEVER, the legal requirements for accessibility, at least in the US,
don't make that distinction, and thus any distro that wanted to meet
accessibility regulations would probably be obliged to patch the feature
out.

regards

Bill