Re: Less antiquated format for animations (was: Plan to fix icons [was: Re: breakage caused by removed icons from gnome-icon-theme])

Tommi Komulainen writes:
> On 2/7/06, Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:
> > b) I believe we should pick a file format that did not already look
> > antiquated when it was first employed in wanda the fish 5 years ago.
> > Even gif animations look modern and featureful compared to this.
>
> FWIW we chose to use ANIs for animations in maemo basically because it
> supports 8-bit alpha *and* is already supported by gtk+. Making ANIs
> themable similar to icons is pretty straightforwad, just add ANI to
> the hardcoded list of formats icon theme currently supports.

I guess that MNG (animated PNG) and JNG (animated JPEG) should be modern
and widely accepted standards for animations.

--
Best Regards / S pozdravem,

Stanislav Brabec
software developer
SuSE CR, s. r. o.                             e-mail: sbrabec suse cz
Drahobejlova 27                               tel: +420 296 542 382
190 00 Praha 9                                fax: +420 296 542 374
Czech Republic                                http://www.suse.cz/