Re: Sorry State [Was: NLD10 and GNOME]

<quote who="Havoc Pennington">

> On Wed, 2006-02-08 at 21:54 +0100, Jon K Hellan wrote:
> > However, if we decide to target a niche audience, on a niche operating
> > system, that's niche squared. I doubt if that's sustainable.
>
> Didn't say niche, I said specific. The group can still be large. There are
> many, many well-defined subsets of the world's billions of people that
> still contain a hell of a lot of people.

Apple have done this very cleverly over the past few years with OS X. They
concentrated on their core market, really worked hard to nail it, and have
been scaling out to other markets as the opportunity has come up and their
ability to focus on the broadening market needs balloons.

- Jeff

--
FISL 7.0: Porto Alegre, Brazil        http://fisl.softwarelivre.org/7.0/www/

    "Basically my philosophy on release management is that it should be
                like police brutality." - Maciej Stachowiak