Re: UI Review

On Wed, 8 Feb 2006, Ross Burton wrote:

> Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 18:10:42 +0000
> From: Ross Burton <ross burtonini com>
> To: Alan Horkan <horkana maths tcd ie>
> Cc: "desktop-devel-list gnome org" <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
> Subject: Re: UI Review
>
> On Wed, 2006-02-08 at 17:36 +0000, Alan Horkan wrote:
> > > I'd appreciate raving hordes of UI-zealots attacking Sound Juicer with
> > > its new (well, from 2.12) playback mode, if only so that I can ignore
> > > most of the feedback.
> >
> > Sound Juicer was a great ripper.
> > Sound Juicer was not a music player.
> >
> > Now Sound Juicer is a ripper which can also preview/playback the tracks.
> >
> > You claims about using Sound Juicer as a music player is where much of
> > the criticism came from.
> >
> > Sound Juicer can be used as a music player if you really want but it is
> > not as well suited for that task.
> >
> > The criticism was hardly an attack by raving hordes.
>
> Whoa, I needed some smilies in there.

I assumed a certian amount of sarcasm but I also recognise that you
disagree with much of the criticsm which of course you are entitled to do.

In that context the comment about ignoring the feedback sounded a little
too close to the truth to be funny.

> I totally appreciate the criticism that the usability list gave, and
> would like some more of it.  "Raving hordes" was meant to be a humorous
> comment, and was not intended in a negative way.

Sorry for misinterpreting your comments.

- Alan H.