Re: control-center 2.13.90 released

Federico Mena Quintero wrote:
>> - how long does nautilus take to pick up the pixmap and repaint its
>> desktop window.  That takes about 1 second for me, due to XRENDER bugs.
>
> This last one should be better on Radeon cards if you cvs update your
> GTK+.  I put a workaround for the relevant Cairo/XRENDER bugs.

I applied the patch (gtk2-117163-cairo-repeat-pattern-workaround.diff),
to Gentoo's gtk+-2.8.11 and it makes Gnome much smoother and snappier,
even running at 600MHz off of battery.

I feel that combined with the removal of the 300ms delay, the problem is
solved.

Now, if only to get the useful icons back... sigh...

--Pat