Re: breakage caused by removed icons from gnome-icon-theme

On Sun, 2006-02-05 at 14:31 +0100, Raphael Slinckx wrote:
> For deskbar we were using for example "stock-my_documents" named icon,
> to represent file & folder searching. It's gone, so i had to replace it
> by GTK_STOCK_OPEN. The previous icons indicated better what it was all
> about..

If the icon is used to show something in the user's "Documents" folder,
then you should match icons with that folder, not with what you think
would be best used for that folder. GNOME does not use special icons for
special folders like Documents/Downloads/Music/etc... I would suggest
just using the standard folder icon, or querying the Nautilus metadata
for the folder in question to get a custom icon if one is set, and to
use emblems if available. Although, at the size you are probably using
that icon, emblems would probably be bad.

-- dobey