script folders

I'd like to comment on an idea I read on Ubuntuforums: script folders.
These would be like common folders containing items, only that a given
script would be applied to all files copied to them.

Imagine that I want my wallpapers to be at the same size as my screen:
1280x800. However, all the walls that I download are at bigger sizes, so
I need to resize them one at a time, which can get really cumbersome.

With script folders I could create a folder named "1280x800", and linked
to a script used to resize images to that size. Any files copied to it
would be automatically resized AND stored in the folder.

What do you think about it?