Re: Failed to embed another xwindow into GtkSocket in GNOME, but succeed in FVWM/blackbox
- From: Cloudor Pu <cloudor 126 com>
- To: "Nickolay V. Shmyrev" <nshmyrev yandex ru>
- Cc: desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Failed to embed another xwindow into GtkSocket in GNOME, but succeed in FVWM/blackbox
- Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 18:42:28 +0800
Thank you for your response.
Nickolay V. Shmyrev wrote:
В Втр, 12/12/2006 в 13:24 +0800, Cloudor Pu пишет:
In my attached example.c, gtk_socket_add_id() is used to embed another
existed xwindow into a GtkSocket. It works in fvwm or blackbox but
failed in GNOME.
Can anybody tell me why this could happen? It's funny. Shouldn't gnome
support gtk better than other wm?
Or maybe I have mis-configured my gnome desktop. Then what should I do
to make it work?
To test my example:
1. gcc `pkg-config --cflags --libs gtk+-2.0` example.c -o example
2. use xwininfo to get a pre-existing window id
3. ./example <that window id>
This sounds like metacity bug - it doesn't reparent window properly on
ReparentNotify. Please file a bug at http://bugzilla.gnome.org against
Desktop-devel-list is more about generic discussions about desktop, you
can use gnome-devel-list next time.
Cloudor Pu (http://cloudor.net/)
] [Thread Prev