Re: Contribution

Maxim Udushlivy wrote:
Random thought: opposition to a commercial software project is a capitalism while opposition to a community-based foss project is sometimes like a revolt. :)

Yet another thought: I think you certainly need to reorient Gnome from politics towards technology. Such things as 10x10 and spreadgnome.org looks very political. But gnome-tech.org for example is much better I think. Software-as-a-servant, not software-as-an-idol.

And about that HIG: guidelines have a tendency slowly but steadily to transform into constraints. It's much better to have principles instead of constraints.

And that principle about Gnome simplicity - it's good, but it should not be achieved at the expense of functionality. Being simple does not mean being less functional. For example credit card is quite simple, but its functionality surpass imagination ;)