Re: How to make sure your applications still works with Bug-Buddy 2.16.0

There will probably be other concerns with "customized" .desktop files.

Say I'm happily working with gnome 2.14 and that I customized my  application menu with alacarte.
Let's say I have customized this way " epiphany.deskop". I ended up with a customized "epiphany.desktop" in ~/local/share/applications. And then imagine I'm migrating to 2.16. The "epiphany.desktop" (inside /usr/share/applications) will be upgraded to work wtih bug-buddy 2.16 but not the one in ~/local/share
which will still have precedence over the /usr/share one.

Do you see my point ?
It's more a migration problem thing, but it could still be a problem. And well, I'm actually having this kind of problem right now ...

Frédéric

2006/8/13, Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org>:
Le dimanche 13 août 2006, à 00:44, Olav Vitters a écrit :
> Bug-Buddy now requires either a .desktop or a .server file for your
> application that has the following information in that file (adjust
> accordingly for bonobo .server stuff):

I believe it works with bonobo .server files only if the .server file is
for an applet. Fixing this would help having some more programs (like
gnome-panel, gnome-settings-daemon and probably others) quite easily.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.