GWeather Locations DB major update - CHECK YOUR LOCATION NOW!

People have noticed that at one point we accidentally added a lot of
dead locations to the GWeather database.

Frank Solensky has been monitoring the locations to count the number of
reports from every location. I have then knocked together a quick Python
script to remove all the locations that had zero reports over the last
half a year.

What we need you to do is QA our data through random sampling.

Step 1. Find out your current location (assumed to be working):
>From a terminal: gconftool-2 -R /apps/panel/applets | less
Search for "GWeather" (type: /Gweather)
Scroll down to find "location1 = XXXX", XXXX is your location code

Step 2. Consult the station report
(http://bugzilla.gnome.org/attachment.cgi?id=70488)
Search for your location code, and check to see that reports have been
recorded. For a working location, the numbers should be relatively
large. The last number is a total.
If your number is small but your location works in GWeather, please tell
us.

Step 3. Consult the removal report
(http://bugzilla.gnome.org/attachment.cgi?id=70500)
This is a list of locations we intend to remove. Search for your
location code. Assuming your number wasn't small, it shouldn't appear
here. If it does, please tell us.

Step 4. Consult the patch
(http://bugzilla.gnome.org/attachment.cgi?id=70501)
This is the actual patch I intend to apply to the Locations database. It
should only remove locations indicated on the removal report above.
Search for your location code, if your location exists, and is not on
the report, it probably won't appear. If it does appear, it shouldn't be
prefixed with '-'s. If it is prefixed with '-'s, then it is marked to be
removed, in that case, PLEASE TELL US.

This distributed proofing is incredibly useful, thank you in advance.

--d

--
Davyd Madeley

http://www.davyd.id.au/
08B0 341A 0B9B 08BB 2118  C060 2EDD BB4F 5191 6CDA