Re: name change for gnome-volume-manager?

On Sun, 2006-08-06 at 19:32 +0100, Alan Horkan wrote:

> When it was introduced I pointed out that volume is very often associated
> with audio volume[1] and likely to confuse users - I freely admit it
> confused me intially - but since it made sense to developers my concerns
> were dismissed.

The reason I was for g-v-m back then, but support the g-d-m (uh-oh, bad
acronym!) change now is because the scope of g-v-m has changed from just
volumes to all devices.  G-v-m is now, in fact, our general policy
manager on top of HAL for all hardware.  Toward that end,
gnome-hardware-manager makes sense, too.

	Robert Love