Re: icon naming spec and gnome-vfs

Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On 8/1/06, Jakub Steiner <jimmac novell com> wrote:
>
>> I always intended to draw the specific media icons, but I really hope to
>> see infrastructure for getting the generic fallback in place first so
>> that theming is actually a solution and not an excuse.
>
> But certainly thats not an excuse for ripping existing icons out of
> gnome-icon-theme, rather than just linking them to the right name ?

Exactly!  That reason seems very lame for stripping the iconset, as
symlinks could have been used all along to link all the specific to a
generic, it not being done is an error on the part of the theme author.
 Would simply having no fallback and showing a red X be better? (at
least that way people would have incentive to fix their theme).

Thanks,

Scott.