Re: Please review po/LINGUAS patches so that people can build Gnome from CVS

On Fri, 2006-04-28 at 16:58 -0400, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Apr 2006, Rodney Dawes wrote:
>
> >                                                              The new
> > intltool just does an AC_SUBST(ALL_LINGUAS), which may or may not cause
> > sed to break, depending on whether there are any newlines in
> > ALL_LINGUAS.
>
> And that's regression AFAIU.  It's rejecting input that was
> accepted before.

You're welcome to file a bug against autotools. But quite frankly, sed
has never accepted that input. This is not an intltool-specific issue,
and I will not add code in intltool to work around one symptom, when the
problem can occur in any AC_SUBST() call. I've explained the issue in
bugzilla and pasted a script there as well, which shows the issue
outside the scope of autotools. If you want something to parse the
variables and strip out newlines, it's going to have to be done at the
right level, in autotools.

-- dobey