Re: Gtk# in 2.16

On Mon, 2006-04-24 at 22:08 -0500, Mike Kestner wrote:
> In my opinion, it would just make more work for me to release Gtk# and
> more work for our users to download and build it, and more work for
> our
> packagers to package it, etc...

Our workaround was to split up dbus into dbus and dbus-sharp because of
this. We need dbus to build most gnome apps (gnome-vfs with hal?), while
half of the gnome desktop is required to build a complete gtk-sharp-2
package, which is a dependency for dbus-sharp.

I wouldn't mind if we get a splitup that looks like our current python
bindings. To make it perfect, a splitup like the C++ bindings would be
nice, but that could be too much work.