Re: gnome-keyring branched

On Thu, 2006-04-20 at 21:34 -0400, Jon Nettleton wrote:
> Not that I want to OT this thread too much, but hi all.  I was mentioned
> earlier in this thread because I am working on getting pam_keyring fully
> integrated with gnome-keyring and pam.  I think we are really making
> some good strides.

This is really awesome, thanks a lot for looking into this.

> Relating to the last post, I wanted to ask, "What does everyone see as
> the future implementations of gnome-keyring?"

My personal wish list

 - Use the D-BUS session bus so we can use activation. Makes it a lot
   easier to use GNOME apps using gnome-keyring on KDE since they
   normally launch the daemon on start up. We've had tons of issues
   with this for NetworkManager though it's partly resolved by the
   KDE people writing their own KNetworkManager front-end (similar
   to the nm-applet)

 - This "Allow Access" dialog could use some love

    http://people.freedesktop.org/~david/gnome-keyring-allow-access-dialog.png

   Suggest to use a GtkExpander to hide details like the path of the
   binary as well as the item it needs.

 - Use Mozilla NSS as a backend (don't really know what's involved here
   but NSS supports PKCS#11 ie. you g-k could store the keyrings on a
   cryptographic token. Maybe it's worth looking into.)

    David