Re: [gpm] Re: Gnome 2.16 Module Proposal: GNOME Power Manager

On Mon, 2006-04-10 at 01:28, Corey Burger wrote:
> On 4/9/06, Andrew Sobala <aes gnome org> wrote:

> > > Definitely not; I rely on this frequently.  I'd be heavily annoyed if
> > > the applet wasn't showing (and no other equally easy way of obtaining
> > > this information was available) when my laptop is plugged in and not
> > > fully charged.  If it's both plugged in and fully charged then I'd be
> > > fine with it not being there, as long as that was the only case.
> > >
> > Hmm. In this configuration, it is.
>
> The problem with hiding in this case is that the user must know that
> when they are plugged in and fully charged, the icon will vanish,
> rather than just looking and seeing that they are fully charged and
> plugged in. Ouch.

Well, if once the battery reaches 100%, a short-lived notification
bubble says so then the icon can disappear without harm. No need to
pollute the notification area with a "battery is full" icon, OTOH on the
road the fuel gauge is important.

IMHO the best design is found in PocketPC2003: the battery icon starts
to appear only when it's half-empty.

	Xav