Re: GTK+ related job opportunity

On 4/4/06, Davyd Madeley <davyd madeley id au> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 10:21:17AM +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:
>
> > I'm glad to see that your company is using GTK+ :-)
> >
> > However, from http://mail.gnome.org/:
> >
> > "Are job postings OK?
> >
> > Job postings are allowed on gtk-list and only on gtk-list. Other rules
> > about job postings include:..."
> >
> > I'm not sure whether we should change the policy to allow some other lists,
> > but this is clearly off-topic for d-d-l.
>
> My apologies. I've never actually read that. Someone actually
> suggested foundation-list, which seemed grossly unacceptable.
>
> I would imagine that gnome-hackers or d-d-l is a more suitable list
> than gtk-list, simply because I imagine more people read it.

I think job offerings are just slightly less advertising  than simply
spamming your PR stuff into a list. I know this is the best medium to
reach for guys in this area, but still I think that it's not
approperiate for a development list to include (what I perceive to be)
adverstisments. There is enough noise as it is.

If approperiate on any non-dedicated list, some announce-list would be my vote.

--
Kalle Vahlman, zuh iki fi