Re: gtkspell (was Re: Announcing: Project Ridley)

Hi folks,

GtkSpell lacks some features and I've been aware of the lack for years
-- even since the GTK < 2 days.  I haven't had the time to work on
GtkSpell and so finally, rather than stifling it by hanging on too
tightly, I found a new maintainer, who has done a great job of making
incremental releases (including, from a glance at the ChangeLog,
perhaps fixing the tagtable bug that Alex mentioned).

But he appears to also be busy.  This project is a superficially
simple one but also has had enough eyeballs (see Pango bug 97545,
which I logged and worked around back in 2002 -- maybe it's since been
fixed?  again, the GtkSpell ChangeLog indicates otherwise) that it
ought to be a great project for someone looking into adding some
lower-in-the-stack functionality that would benefit a lot of projects.

Or, another way of saying it: contributors welcome.