Re: the big jump forward

2005/9/23, Matthias Clasen <mclasen redhat com>:
> ...for the memory reduction efforts is getting closer.
>
> Yesterday, we tracked down and fixed the last major regression
> in the mmap-cache branch of fontconfig, so it should be
> ready for wider testing now. If some fearless hackers jump in
> to help testing and debugging, we can hopefully squash the
> remaining bugs in a short time and have a great memory-reduced
> fontconfig 2.4 in time for Gnome 2.14.
>
> Patrick will do a test release soon, or you can directly go
> to the fc-2_4_branch in cvs
> (:pserver:anoncvs cvs freedesktop org:/cvs/fontconfig).

I definitely consider myself fearless, and have no second thoughts on
scrapping my system (which is mostly self-built anyway), but I'm not
exactly sure what I'll be looking for?

Just memory leaks?

Do I need to have extensive configuration for fontconfig in order to
conjure misbehaviour? If so, can someone provide me with one?-)

Any other pointers?

--
Kalle Vahlman, zuh iki fi