Re: Moving to bonjour over howl

On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 14:58 +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Iau, 2005-09-15 at 09:18 -0400, JP Rosevear wrote:
> > Is there any reason not to prefer bonjour over howl now?  Apple has
> > re-licensed the client portions of the library under BSD like howl and
> > almost certainly bonjour will be better tested.
>
> What makes you assume that ?

The fact that its a core piece of apple technology and heavily used
throughout their system.  Every single mac user bumps into it.

Why would you assume howl is better tested?  It may be more widely used
on linux (although we don't ship it on suse) but i'm not so sure its as
heavily used or integrated.

I also thought the reason to use howl previously was mostly because of
the original howl license.

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <jpr novell com>