Re: When will Topaz development begin?

On 9/11/05, Jono Bacon <jonobacon gmail com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This may sound a rather simplistic question, and I fully acknowledge
> that there may not actually be an answer, but has there been any
> targetted timeframes for when Topaz hacking will begin?

No.

> I realise that Topaz is currently in the ideas stage, but how will the
> finalised ideas and direction for Topaz be decided?

Your guess is as good as any.  (No point in working on it unless we
know what 'it' is and why we even want/need to do it)

My guess is that someone will go off and do something cool, we'll want
to incorporate it, and it'll be a big enough shift that we want a new
name (and as long as I'm taking wild guesses, here's another: it won't
require a 3.x versioning and despite us staying with the 2.x line, we
won't come up with any good names and just call it Topaz anyway)