Re: Proposal for inclusion in Desktop: pessulus

Le samedi 29 octobre 2005 �0:02 +0800, Davyd Madeley a �it :
> On Fri, 2005-10-28 at 11:28 -0300, Fernando San Mart�Woerner wrote:
> > I am all for it too, we need this kind of tools in the desktop!
>
> Do we need this in the desktop? Is it going to help my Mum use her
> computer? Or should we instead have a collection of powerful sysadmin
> tools on hand. I can think of a number of applications that would be
> suitable here.

It's funny you mention your Mum here : I have a friend who wants to use
pessulus to lock down things for his grand mother, so that she doesn't
accidentally change the configuration.

> Eg. the GNOME 'Administrator' set:
>  - Sabayon
>  - LAT - LDAP Administration Tool
>  - pessulus
>  - Some GNOME based administration tools for webservers/DNS/Squid etc.

This is a possibility, indeed. I have nothing against it.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas press�