Re: Proposal for inclusion in Desktop: pessulus

Definitely gets my vote

Fernando San Martín Woerner wrote:

I am all for it too, we need this kind of tools in the desktop!

El vie, 28-10-2005 a las 16:19 +0200, Toady escribió:
Hi Vincent,

I am all for it!

good work! this is the kind of stuff users always ask and can't be resolved without diging into command line / gconf.

Thanks.

Vincent Untz wrote:

Hi,

I'd like to see pessulus included in GNOME Desktop 2.14, and therefore,
surprise surprise, I'm proposing it for inclusion.

Pessulus is a lockdown editor for GNOME, written in python. Code is
available in GNOME CVS, and there are already some translations (many
thanks to the translators). There's no documentation yet, though.

This tool enables administrators to easily lock down the desktop of
the users. There are also some plans for sabayon to integrate the
fantastic pessulus technology (I can already imagine the "pessulus
inside" sticker). It does not make coffee (and to be honest, I don't
like coffee), but it should do its job well.

There are some plans to rework a bit the UI in the next few days,
and the strings should probably be updated to be more consistent. But
the main work is to add more lockdown settings. So I invite everyone
to try pessulus and file a bug for each missing setting.

So, there's still a bit of work to do, but it'll be ready for GNOME 2.14.

Hrm, I think this mail was not enthusiast enough. WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Should be better now ;-)

Vincent