Re: Keyboard usage on some Gnome windows not working

> > So in the interest of usability (and a little fun), I propose trying a
> > short hiatus on using short cut keys and see what happens. I will
> > report my findings on my blog (http://ionrock.org).
>
> Unfortunately, that won't be at all useful.

Next time I will stick to adding <sarcasm> tags around things like this.
I do understand that my little experiment is not the most scientific (if
is scientific at all) and I have no plans on making any serious reports
based on whatever I find. With that said, some testing is better than no
testing so I do feel it is worthwhile to have a little fun and see how
it feels to try something new. I encourage you to have a little fun
yourself and give it a try. You never know what you may find. Given, it
will not be serious research, but it doesn't mean you won't get any
ideas for doing tests or new research.

So, in the interest of having a bit of fun (and hopefully getting some
ideas for real usability research), I will continue my experiment.

By the way, I found that my use of the keyboard is far more in depth
than just Emacs. I have been working on switching workspaces and
applications using the mouse. Also, things like adding a tab to firefox
or in irc is something I usually stick to the keyboard for. Even
focusing on a text entry with the mouse has been a goal. Again, this is
not scientific, but I do not doubt that I will get a better appreciation
for different parts of the GNOME desktop that can only help in doing
better research.

Eric