Re: do we really need xrdb?
- From: Xavier Bestel <xavier bestel free fr>
- To: Alan Cox <alan lxorguk ukuu org uk>
- Cc: Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>, desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: do we really need xrdb?
- Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 17:30:10 +0200
On Mon, 2005-10-17 at 22:31, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Llu, 2005-10-17 at 13:18 +0200, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> > Hi
> > One of the best improvements we've seen while working on speeding up the
> > GNOME startup time has been the removal of the xsettings thing, via xrdb
> > -merge execution.
> Make xrdb use decus cpp and it takes basically zero time. Trivial fix
> and doesn't break anything. Decus CPP is pd
And how about just inserting suitable calls to XChangeProperty() &
friends directly in gnome-session ? Beats a sytem() anytime.
] [Thread Prev