Re: Moving Applets

Hi Davyd,

Davyd Madeley wrote:
Applet		Current	Proposed	Notes
------		------	--------	-----
clock		panel	applets		remove e-d-s dep in panel

This has come up a few times now and I still don't really understand it.

I think e-d-s is destined to become part of the GNOME platform. So, I don't think that the panel depending on the platform is a bad thing.

Also, given that every panel by default will include the clock applet, by moving the clock to gnome-applets you will implicitly make gnome-panel depend on gnome-applets.

Would this change solve any problems?

Thanks,
Jon