Re: Keyboard usage on some Gnome windows not working

> > On a related note, I've seen some issues with the accel key for dialogs
> > ie: in a save dialog with 's' underlined in the word "save" should mean
> > you can hit 's' and the dialog would act as if you'd hit the save button
> > with mouse or tabbed to it and hit return or spacebar... anyway, it
> > doesn't work.  Not sure if it doesn't work ever, or just in most apps.
>
> Depending on a dialog, there might be some other widgets that need the
> keyboard focus, so binding just "s" to save button would make it
> tricky to save files with "s" in their name... That's why they need
> the alt modifier to be pressed.
>
> > For me saving an unsaved doc in gedit shows this.
>
> And pressing alt-s indeed activates the save button, ditto for
> epiphany and the open dialog.

Ok, that makes sense now :)  To me though, having the keys already
underlined indicates that the keyboard shortcut is active now, not after
an alt-press.

Thanks.

--
Alan <alan ufies org> - http://arcterex.net
"Backups are for people who don't pray."                 -- big Mike